PARIS, FRANCE April 23, 2020 -- The Alliance to End Plastic Waste and Plug and Play on April 22nd held their second Selection Day for the End Plastic Waste Innovation Platform. In the program’s Paris Hub, the first 11 startups were selected for the 90-day program.
The startups entering into the Paris-based program are listed below:
1. Circularise - Using blockchain to bring transparency to global supply chains and empower businesses to move towards a circular economy.
2. Empower - Empower is delivering digital plastic waste deposit systems, a solution to the plastic waste problem by giving plastic a value and incentivizing cost-efficient collection and segregation at source.
3. Greyparrot - Greyparrot provides AI-based computer vision waste recognition software to monitor, audit and sort waste at scale.
4. Ichthion - Ichthion Limited is an award-winning developer of disruptive technologies to extract plastics and synthetic waste from rivers and oceans.
5. Impact Recycling - A simple but innovative, water based, Baffled Oscillation Separation System (BOSS) for recycling waste plastic.
6. Interface Polymers - Interface Polymers has developed new solutions to long-standing compatibility problems, and is opening up a new world of opportunities in polymer blending, joining, and finishing.
7. Plastic-Back - Using an innovative, economic and environmentally friendly technology, Plastic Back is able to convert plastic waste (back) to crude oil and other valuable chemicals.
8. Plastic Odyssey - Developing low tech & affordable solutions to turn plastic wastes into resources and foster decentralized social businesses in areas lacking waste management.
9. Recycleye - Recycleye is disrupting the waste industry by combining computer vision and robotics, into an ultra-low-cost, scalable, and fully-automated waste sorting solution.
10. The Great Bubble Barrier - Clearing oceans of plastic pollution by using bubbles at the source: canals, rivers and channels.
11. Upp! UpCycling Plastic - We support companies, communities and local authorities to become plastic waste-free by using plastic waste to make 100% recyclable “re-plastic” products.
These companies were showcased at the virtual event, allowing each to present their company to the Alliance members, Plug and Play network, corporations and other venture capitalists.
The End Plastic Waste Innovation Platform—formed by the Alliance in partnership with Plug and Play—is directly tied to the Alliance’s Innovation pillar, supporting the goals to advance and scale new technologies that minimize waste, make recycling and recovering plastics easier, and create value from all post-use plastics. The platform has hubs in two other cities—Silicon Valley and Singapore.