The Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications of Uzbekistan was established by Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 4, 2015, No.4702.
The main tasks and activities of the MITC are:
- ensuring the implementation of a unified state policy in the field of information technology and communications, the introduction of "e-government",
- development and implementation of comprehensive programs for the implementation and development of the national information and communication system;
- further development and modernization of the telecommunications infrastructure;
- creation of the necessary technical and favorable conditions for the development of modern domestic web resources of various types;
- ensuring coordination and rendering assistance to the development of domestic production and domestic market of competitive software products and services;
- implementation of measures to ensure information security and the introduction of modern technologies for protecting communication networks;
- organization of research and development, training, and upskilling professionals in modern means of communication;
- implementation of international cooperation in ICT, attraction of foreign investments, etc.