Fintech startups are revolutionizing innovation in financial services. These companies have mastered the skills to identify very specific customer pain points. Then, they focus on solving them. Quickly, effectively, and with innovative technologies.
Financial institutions, on the other side, are running a bit behind. They have the budget but lack agility. And speed is critical.
At Plug and Play, we connect both sides: leading corporations share with us their tech challenges, and we introduce them to the perfect startups, fostering pilot or PoC opportunities, investments, and acquisitions. To do that, our Ventures team is in constant search of the best fintech startups, coming from all sides of the world.
In this article, we have put together a list of some of the most promising startups in our ecosystem, divided by their focus areas.
Fintech Startups: Regtech
Technology is playing a key role in helping companies deal with regulation-related issues. We have chosen five fintech startups that are already one step ahead.
- ComplyAdvantage: A company offering AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- Paragon Data Labs: A fintech startup that develops cloud-based enterprise software solutions to streamline critical operations for financial services firms.
- Regulativ.ai: They offer a solution to transform the cybersecurity regulatory compliance functions and to make them more efficient by automating processes.
- Clausematch: They provide policy and regulatory change management, and a compliance platform that automates time-consuming tasks, among other things.
- Apiax: This fintech startup builds tools that transform financial regulations into digital compliance rules.
Find out more about these regtech startups.
Fintech Startups: Open Banking
With open banking, consumers can allow third-party providers to use the data held by their bank. And this opens a myriad of opportunities. Find out five key fintech startups getting the most out of this new landscape.
- Credit Kudos: A credit bureau that uses financial behavior to measure creditworthiness.
- Tink: A cloud-based platform providing infrastructure and data products to enable the future of financial services.
- Railsbank: An open banking API and platform that gives regulated and unregulated companies access to global banking.
- Plaid: A fintech startup providing the tools and access needed for the development of a digitally-enabled financial system.
- Truelayer: Integrating next-generation payments and financial data into any app.
Find out more about these open banking startups.
Fintech Startups: Payments
Payments. One of the crown jewels of the financial industry. The number of fintech startups in this area has boomed during the last few years. We have gone overboard and chosen a grand total of 10 companies that you should keep an eye on.
We're experts in driving innovation in finance — Join us an meet payments startups like Flutterwave or M10
- Flutterwave: A fintech startup that provides a seamless and secure payments experience.
- M10: A company offering a platform for banks to deliver instant, 24/7 domestic and cross-border payments without regulatory and monetary policy risk.
- Sila: A simple, secure, and accessible suite of developer tools for building financial applications.
- StormX: A platform that combines blockchain with traditional cashback to create innovative solutions for the industry.
- Gr4vy: A cloud payment orchestration platform that helps businesses manage their payments solutions.
- Primer: A fintech startup that consolidates payments stack with a unified API, and enhances checkout with data-driven insights.
- Bankable: They provide innovative payment solutions by enabling banking-as-a-service.
- Rapyd: A company offering a global fintech-as-a-service platform that provides APIs that help integrate local payments and fintech capabilities.
- Curve: A banking platform that consolidates all bank cards into a single smart card and app.
- Felix: A software platform to connect UAE insurers, intermediaries and customers.
Discover more about these payments startups (and find out 3 new ones!)
Fintech Startups: Wealth Management
The wealth & asset management landscapes have undergone a profound transformation during recent years. Higher regulation or new customer expectations, among many other things, have reshaped this marketing. We have chosen five startups changing the way things are done:
- Cred: A fintech startup helping financial institutions with customer acquisition by personalizing the investment process.
- Responsive.ai: An enterprise software that empowers advisors, engages clients, and facilitates decision-making.
- Bambu: A company developing digital wealth management solutions for financial institutions to help their users save and invest for the future.
- Sarwa: A fintech startup making investing in global markets simple and affordable for investors in the Middle East.
- handcheque: A company enabling customers to store all their payment and loyalty cards on one single card.
- AdviceRobo: They offer psychographic and behavioral credit scoring and credit decision engines.
Dive deep into these wealth management startups.
We will keep this article updated with the hottest, more interesting fintech startups out there.
At Plug and Play, we fast-track the innovation strategy of over 500 leading corporations around the world. If you want to meet a curated selection of startups that fit your needs, get in touch today.