BEN GUERIR, MOROCCO, March 18, 2022 - Plug and Play Morocco has announced the 15 startups selected for the third batch of its Smart Cities program. This program aims to facilitate opportunities for growth, investments, POCs, and new relationships between the selected batch startups and the Plug and Play ecosystem around the globe. This program is run in partnership with Startgate, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, UM6P Ventures and OCP.
The startups, chosen by partners of the program, represent a broad range of new innovations in the fields of edtech, agtech, financial services, energy & sustainability, retail, health, proptech, and beyond.
Over the next three months, the chosen startups will receive the opportunity to participate in networking events, mentor sessions, workshops, focus weeks, and more to increase their chances of securing new clients, investments, POCs, and expansion opportunities. They will be fully immersed in Plug and Play's global network of over 40,000 startups, 500 industry-leading corporate partners, and hundreds of venture capital firms and investors. There is no equity requirement for startups to participate.
“We are so excited to announce 15 startups joining the third batch of our smart cities track in Morocco,'' said Sarina Amini, Program Manager at Plug and Play Morocco. “We had 24 startups in a variety of industries pitching for us during Selection Day, and we are happy to finally unveil the lineup of startups we will be working with in the coming months. A lot of good things are coming!”
- Kezakoo: an E-learning platform curating educational videos for high school students, with more than 2500 e-learning videos created to date. Elected Web Startup of the Year 2014 at the Maroc Web Awards, and the most loved social enterprise in Africa (POESAM Orange Prize 2015), Kezakoo has always made innovation and social vectors the main constituents of its DNA.
- My Tindy: a marketplace specializing in Moroccan craftsmanship, allowing users to access 100% Moroccan products online. Their aim is to promote Moroccan craftsmen and their products.
- Tasbiq: a FinTech startup whose aim is to improve the financial-wellness of corporate employees, through allowing employees to access part of their already earned salary.
- Kwiks: a MarketPlace that brings together the best FastRecruiters in Africa. With our experts, hire faster and more transparently. Use the latest technologies to enable companies to find - quickly, easily and inexpensively - qualified candidate profiles.
- Konta: A comprehensive platform that automates the entire lifecycle of your supplier invoices, from receipt to settlement.
- Data Pathology: a Tele-expertise platform for delivering the anatomo-pathological diagnosis with the help of medical experts and AI.
- Smart Prof: Smartprof is a marketplace for private teachers, matching their students with the best fit tutor.
- Fellahi:the Start-up Fellahi aims to revolutionize the traditional food chain by offering a short, sustainable and efficient circuit that offers value to small Moroccan farmers as well as fresh products of high nutritional quality to customers.
- Jodoor:a network of franchised, modern, ecological farms specializing in high quality leafy vegetables and aromatic herbs, with the aim to provide Africa and the Middle East with a solid, inclusive and prosperous infrastructure for the agriculture of tomorrow.
- Pogo: An electric scooter rental platform whose mission is to transform Moroccan cities gradually into sustainable and intelligent cities that respect the main principles of mobility and sustainable development.
- Youcan: a cloud-based e-commerce platform built by marketers for marketers to enable internet entrepreneurs and companies in the MEA region, to establish an online store to sell their products and services, in a few clicks and with no required technical background.
- Lokato: An all-in-one real estate dedicated platform where users can invest, manage and enhance their property investment performance.
- Agenz: a real estate analysis and consulting solution that enables users to make informed real estate decisions and accelerate their business. Agenz brings together a unique team in Morocco of real estate experts and data scientists to design the most advanced and precise tools on the market.
- Magofarm: a waste to nutrient insect-tech startup that converts food waste and post harvest losses into organic fertilizer and protein for animal feed formulation.
- Mediclic: a healthtech startup digitizing the care pathways and connecting health actors with patients in the same language.
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play is the leading innovation platform, connecting startups, corporations, venture capital firms, universities, and government agencies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we're present in 35+ locations across five continents. We offer corporate innovation programs and help our corporate partners in every stage of their innovation journey, from education to execution. We also organize startup acceleration programs and have built an in-house VC to drive innovation across multiple industries where we've invested in hundreds of successful companies including Dropbox, Guardant Health, Honey, Lending Club, N26, PayPal, and Rappi. For more information, visit https://www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/
Wissal Bentaleb - email@example.com