Leadership Through Challenging Times
Virtual Fireside Chat with Plug and Play CEO, Saeed Amidi and Matthias Arleth, Deputy Chairman of Webasto Group
A conversation between world-class guests
In a Fireside Chat with Plug and Play CEO, Saeed Amidi, Matthias Arleth, Deputy Chairman of Webasto Group outlined his key learnings as a result of dealing with such a crisis, placing great emphasis on the speed of communication.
Matthias Arleth emphasized the importance of transparency amongst his employees during this time of crisis, whilst also outlining the silver lining of the situation:
“We are all learning very fast to use new tools, even people who thought they would never touch a smartphone are learning to work with it. We are learning to work in a virtual environment, and as a consequence, saving on travel costs.”
Best practices to deal with an outbreak
- Act fast; organise your response in the first 24 hours
- Test, identify and isolate “Category One” employees (those that had spent more than 15 minutes of face-to-face contact with an infected person)
- Set up dedicated task forces in order to organise and manage crisis related duties (e.g. business continuity and financial planning)
- Manage internal and external communication
- Get aligned with the current state of the industry
- Plan how to bring people back to a safe environment.
In Collaboration with Webasto
Webasto AG operates as an automotive supplier. The Company develops and produces convertible roof, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Webasto serves the automobile, truck, bus, motorhome, rail, and defense industries.
Join our Supply Chain Innovation Platform
The world's largest end-to-end supply chain innovation platform. The Supply Chain accelerator is a 12-week program designed for early and growth-stage startups to build their business and meet major corporate clients.