The fashion industry is the second most polluting industry after oil & gas.
If nothing changes the textile industry is projected to share 26% of the entire worlds CO2 budget in 2050. We need to reduce the use of virgin materials in textile production.
20% of industrial water pollution globally is attributable to the dyeing and treatment of textiles. We need to avoid toxic chemicals when dyeing and treating our clothing.
73% of clothing produced is landfilled or incinerated. We need to divert existing clothing from landfills.
Join us as we invite startups and key industry stakeholders to discuss how they must work together to drive tangible change within the fashion industry. We will focus in on three topics that are both relevant to current industry trends, and critical to address in conjunction with one another: new textiles & engineered fibers, alternative dyeing solutions and the clothing resale market.
- 8:00 - 8:05 AMWelcome & Opening Remarks
- 8:05 - 8:30 AMNew Technologies Adoption Panel
- 8:30 - 8:45 AMStartup Pitches: New Textiles
- 8:45 - 9:00 AMStartup Pitches: Dyeing Innovation
- 9:00 - 9:25 AMHow Resale & Retail Can Work Together Panel
- 9:25 - 9:40 AMStartup Pitches: Resale + Retail
- 9:40 - 9:45 AMClosing Remarks